Wednesday, March 3, 2010

planning for Friday

So... I have decided what I am going to do on my blog to celebrate Nate's 2nd birthday.  I planned it so that it will also be my 100th post!!!

Every mom is proud of their kids and wants to share them with the world.  I am no different.  I want to share Nate with everyone.  So, I am going to ask for your help.  Please check back on Friday and you will have a chance to help me and also win something.

What will you win?

Here's a clue...

We chose to have Nate at a special children's hospital that was 1-2 hours away (depending on Los Angeles traffic).  After I gave birth...I did not return home.  My husband went home 3x a week to bring our other 4 kids up for a visit and we stayed at THE RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE.  It was right across the street from the hospital and the people were so kind and helpful.  I didn't spend much time there because most days I was with Nate from 6am - 11pm but it was helpful to have a place to sleep, shower and play with our other kids.  We stayed there for 3 weeks and they only charged $25 per night.  That saved us a lot of money!  We were also there on Easter Sunday and complete strangers brought Easter baskets for all of our kids -- even Nathan.  It was so wonderful because no one else thought about our kids missing their Easter or made an attempt to get them Easter baskets.  I can't begin to explain the kindness we received during a horrible time in our lives.  It's a wonderful organization.

March 2008


Please visit me on Friday and help me celebrate the life of my son.  I really want the entire world to know that it's his birthday!


5 comments:

Veronica said...

I've heard some wonderful things about the RM Foundation. Definitely a blessing to many.

I'll be sure to come back to visit you on Friday!

Anonymous said...

My prayers to you all as you approach your baby's birthday.I know it is a bittersweet time.
Blessings, Sarita Boyette
sboyette@tx.rr.com

Jodi Lansink said...

It's fabulous you want to CELEBRATE the life of your son!!!!! Will be checking back to see what you have planned! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I plan to be back tomorrow. I had no idea how wonderful the McDonald house is. I think that I need to go check them out and give them a donation.

Holly said...

I'll be here on Friday!!