Wednesday, March 10, 2010

tips

I'm working hard at getting out of the funk that I'm in.  I don't want this month to have control over me.  I want to rise above it.  I am working on a few projects around the house to help keep me busy and I am also going to try and plan a vacation for this Summer.

I LOVE vacations.  I remember every vacation that my family took as a child and I want to give those memories to my kids.  We haven't taken a big vacation for a few years.  I really want to do that this Summer.  It is our 15 year anniversary in July and we are both turning 40 (yikes) in the fall.  I don't want a fancy gift or a party...I just want a great vacation this Summer.  Is that too much for a girl to ask for?

My dream vacation would be to go to Atlantis in the Bahamas.  My kids are the perfect age and I know that we would have a blast.  But...it's expensive.  I just started searching for deals but I need a great one to be able to afford that vacation for 6!

Please let me know if anyone has any super travel tips or connections.  It would be so nice to be able to look forward to that right now.

6 comments:

Jodi Lansink said...

Sorry----no tips from me, but I have been feeling the same way----a vacation on the beach is just what I need too! But yes-----its expensive!!! Good luck in the planning, and hope you get to go somewhere great and just RELAX----ahhhh....that sounds wonderful right now!!

Kelly said...

I have to agree with you and Jodi!! A vacation sounds wonderful! I certainly wish I had some tips for you on how to make it come to pass...Certainly all things are possible with God - keep the faith! ;0)
We are taking our first family vacation since our dear daughter passed away in 2007. We are actually going to be at Disney World for her angel day anniversary and the following day is my birthday..we would like to do something special to remember her while we are there - but we keep getting our hopes up, then let down again. We wanted to purchase a brick, much like the one you have for your precious Nate - but those aren't availabe anymore. Then we thought about doing a butterfly release - but Epcot isn't allowing those right now either! So who knows?!? The planning has been bittersweet for me - knowing we should have 4 little princesses at Disney, instead of 3. I know in the end, it will be wonderful to have the chance to SMILE with our other girls - they desperately want their mommmy "back". So I am proud of you for trying to focus on something positive, like a family vacation - I know its hard when you are struggling to just get by..day after day! Keep us up to date on how the planning is goin! Im sure i can speak on behalf of the other ladies reading your blog, to say that we will ALL be praying for you to be able to have this special trip!!

God bless and many hugs,
Kelly

Tina said...

I have no tips either because my backyard is about as far as we go. hehe

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I will pray that the perfect trip falls into your lap. I don't have any suggestions.

Krista said...

My husband just introduced me to travelzoo.com this week. Maybe you have heard of it though. You can sign up for e-mails with the weekly top 20 getaway specials. I also just did a search for last minute travel on Google. I think we were too last minute though as our spring break starts tomorrow. Hopefully, you'll have better luck looking a few months out. Scott and I went to Alaska this past August, and I didn't realize how much I needed that until we were underway. A change of scenery and something to look forward to can do wonders. We're looking at a vacation with the girls for this summer too. Keep us posted!

Holly said...

I would love to take a vacation!! It sounds so nice! I don't know of any super good deals. Sorry! Any big trips we plan through a travel agent who is a friend of the family.

I don't think we'll be able to go on a big vacation for a little while but I'd love to do a small getaway this summer or fall.