I have been completely amazed the past two days on how many people have read my thoughts and communicated back to me. I'm so sorry that there are so many of you that are going through it too. I hope that you can use my blog as a reference for your friends and family. I hope that they will learn how to help you so that you are not left alone in the middle of the ocean. God wants us to live in a community so that we can support each other. We are His hands and feet. We need to reach out. He never wants us to feel alone.
At church on Sunday, I was pleasantly surprised by the message. It was a lesson that was closely connected to the thoughts in my blog. It was Luke 10:27 "...'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind', and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
If you look around, and I bet you won't have to look very far...you will see someone that is hurting. Run to them.
Do what you can
where you are at
with what you have!
Bless one person, without any strings attached. If you do, let me know. I would love to hear all about it.
9 comments:
doesn't it somehow..in the smallest of ways...bring such glory to God when He uses us even in our sorrow and pain to bless others! Doesn't it feel SO GOOD!? I'm so so happy for you that you are able to experience the joy in the words and sharing from new "friends!" What a gift God gave back to you! I'm so happy to be on the receiving end!
stay tuned....
{{love & hugs}}
I know I was touched. I recently started a program for women like you and the others in the blog world.
http://wwwforyourtears.blogspot.com/
I love blessing people with no strings attached! My most recent one was I bought a book for someone who really wanted to join in on my reading group but couldn't afford the book at that time. I know God can use my small act of kindness to bless immensely!! And I hope He does!!
The gift of your greiving story and they way you are trying to heal, and the impact of people not helping you while drowning in sorrow is so touching!! God bless you and praise God for you!
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have gotten comfort by your blog already. In 1974, our 1st daughter was born early and lived 3 days.The "ignoring" we received was tremendous. Yes, people sent sympathy cards and attended the funeral, but after that I was supposed to get "over it".The doctor refused to let me ever get near her during life or hold her after death, even though I begged. That began a life of fighting depression that continues today.Yes, the Lord has been good - today our twin girls are 29 years old. We have a son, also. I was told I would never carry a baby to term. The Lord provided for us.God bless you. You are added to my prayer list.
Sarita sboyette @tx.rr.com
I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our son almost 2 months ago. I was 32 weeks pregnant when we found out his heart had stopped beating.
I plan to continue following your blog, unfortunately I can relate to a lot of things you have written but it's comforting to know that I'm not alone on this journey.
God Bless You!
I get it, too, sweet friend. It's such a immense tradegy that I think we can only take it in bits and pieces, or we wouldn't be able to get through.
Isaac's marker is up. I feel at peace visiting him there, but I HATE that he's under there, in some dark box. Arms length deep. Mainly because I cannot get to him. I want him in my arms again.
Thank you for this blog. My neighbor (who I don't know that well) lost her husband a few months ago. This gives me some insight into what she may be going through and how to help. Thanks a million,
Cheryl
Post a Comment