Sunday, July 5, 2009

The day after


The 4th of July is my favorite holiday of the year! I have always loved it. That is why I got married July 2nd -- so that it would truly be the best week of the year.



Last year, it was miserable. I was so sad about Nathan and wasn't able to enjoy the day at all. I wondered if I would ever enjoy the day again.


Yesterday was wonderful. I did enjoy it. There were some sad moments watching the cute little 1 year old boys run around with their flag outfits. I wondered what Nate would look like -- and be like. I was sad that he wouldn't ever get to see fireworks. I missed him. But most of the day was wonderful. Some friends invited us over for a BBQ and some other dear friends invited us to watch fireworks at the beach. It was nice to be with people that supported us. It was nice to not be alone.


I'm constantly trying to focus on Phil 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord, always. I try to focus on what God has given me and not what has been taken away. Because I did that...It was a good day.

7 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hi, Caring for Carleigh mention you in a post today so I have come over to read you if that is okay. I am so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful to hear that you had a nice 4th.
Take care and God Bless. I have two blogs so please check them both out.

Tina said...

God will definitely carry you through this trying time.

I'm glad you stopped by my blog {Pooh's Corner}. I personally haven't lost a child but I do have a little girl that was diagnosed with a chromosome defect..... and even thru something like that you see that some people tend to go the other direction. Sad but true. I think they are scared...maybe don't know what to say or do. Through this...we have developed an ever stronger faith in God and that has helped us through as well.

Plus it helps to have some pretty great blogging friends. {giggling}

Christina

Veronica said...

Hi Trisha!

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I'm sorry that I hadn't gotten back to you until Today. I have this tiny little obsession with being on the computer so I thought that this last past weekend would be a great chance to unplug and forget about the computer for a while.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your little boy. I've read a few of your posts and still need to take more time to go back and read everything. You touch on so many things that most people who have never experienced loss have not a clue about. Thanks for sharing what's on your heart!

Thanks also for the compliments on my hats! I would love to make you one whenever you'd like. I hope you do well this summer learning to crochet. I love it so much!

P.S. I'll be following along with you on your journey now too!

Veronica said...

P.S. You have a beautiful family!

christina said...

hey there. found you from "caring for carleigh." I'm SO blessed to read my words on your page! We are still within our year of firsts. Cana lived one day, born with Trisomy 18 and all the heart defects that go with it. But we have found out more lately that not only did we lose her to heaven, but we lost a best friend, a mother, a sister, and the list goes on and on. Oddly enough, when i try to connect with strangers who have similar loss, i find only a few will reach back and i'm left feeling vulnerable and broken again. Mostly tho, all the normal struggles and tiny grievances that used to bother us...have become...unbearable. unmanageable.

It was a relief to read my very thoughts in "drowning." Thank you for giving me something to share with those still lingering around, but share that they have a hard time "approaching the suffering." The discomfort is hard for them...but i wonder,...how much do we have to carry on our own along with our grief and loss and missing apendages? Most days, it seems too much. Other days, a stranger will write a blog, and God will lead me to it, and it will immediately lighten our load. Thank you for carrying this cross with me..even tho you don't even know me. I will gladly carry yours.

peace.

Tina said...

Be sure to stop by my blog and read Angel Rest Stop.

jinx said...

I am glad you were able to enjoy the day...