Monday, December 21, 2009

card



This ended up being our Christmas card this year.  I'm happy with the way that it turned out.  It's always hard for me to start with a blank document and figure out what to do.  Especially when you have a child that's deceased.  It's such a fine line on how to incorporate that...if at all.  I ended up with a card that's right for me.  I can't worry about making other people uncomfortable.  This is my life and YES, it's uncomfortable!!!!

Still hoping and praying that by next year our family will look different.

12 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Beautiful card....your story has touched me...
It has been such a blessing to meet you in blogland...You have enriched my life. Blessings to you and yours....Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with many blessings.
Teresa
Grammy Girlfriend http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
and
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE your Christmas Card. I may have to do something like that also next year. I like how you put From Heaven and Earth. That is so wonderful! Merry Christmas!

margaret said...

It's beautiful Trisha. And I think you've got it right, you can't worry about making others uncomfortable when your life is uncomfortable enough as it is....Hugging you

Holly said...

Trisha, I love your card! It is very beautiful and you did a great job!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your card came out perfect. I love the "From Heaven and Earth". You did an excellent job.
How could you not include Nate, you did the right thing.

Christy said...

Your card is perfect, Trisha. I love the Heaven & Earth part, too. That is a wonderful and graceful way to include Nate. I love the card. You have such an incredibly beautiful family. Your kids are adorable. And so is Nate. Thank you for sharing the card. How wonderful would that be if you had another Larson to add next year! Wishing you the best.
Hugs,
Christy

Christy said...

p.s. And I'm going to think that "JOY" in all caps is significant for what you have learned to try to get out of life these past few months. I get it.

Danielle said...

What a beautiful card. I'm glad you included Nate's name in it. I didn't even send cards out this year because I had no idea how I would be able to incorporate Wyatt in the card and what is or isn't appropriate. Life used to be so much more simple a year ago!

Michelle said...

I love it! It is so beautiful!

Claire said...

The card is perfect and beautiful - why anyone would feel uncomfortable with this card I don't understand.
Have a blessed Christmas! My third daughter is coming with her husband, 3 yr old boy and the two twin fraternal 8 mon. old boys - so it is going to be busy! I was just told that I am being laid off at work as of Jan. 4th - so once again I see that God is in control in all things.

Krista said...

Your card is just beautiful, Trisha. Thank you for sharing it. I worked on our card for hours this past week, but never sent it out. I questioned what to do in the end, and it just got to me. Nothing felt right since we don't have our precious 19 month old to include in the picture. I was pretty worn out from it all. I'm glad I have something for the girls down the road though. I guess I just did it for us this year. Maybe next year it will be clearer to me. Maybe...
Thanks for all your words of wisdom...you're so right that our lives are uncomfortable. Take care of yourself the next few days. Your beautiful family will be there to give you lots of hugs when you're missing your littlest guy.

Misty said...

It's beautiful!!! We decided for Isaac that we would have a small plain white bear represent his "place" in our family.... It's small and simple and handmade out of a blanket I had him in.

You REALLY have a beautiful family.... I am hoping your family (and mine, too) will look different next year, as well!!