Friday, January 29, 2010

TGIF


  Thank goodness it's Friday!!! 

My hubby was traveling all week and just returned home at 3am today.  He has worked from home for the past 3 1/2 years.  He traveled quite a bit in the beginning but rarely does now.  Some people think that we're crazy because we are together 24/7 but we like it and the kids absolutely LOVE having their Daddy home when they return from school.  I consider us very lucky to be able to spend so much time together as a family.

My kids have been missing their Daddy all week.  We've been doing a countdown since he left on Sunday morning and all 4 kids worked together to make him this welcome home sign.  We weren't sure that he would see it when he came home in the middle of the night but he did.  He was missed and I'm glad that he knows that.

Now we are looking forward to a weekend full of soccer (State Cup Tournament) and family togetherness.  Yea!!!

8 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How sweet of them. Daddy's are very special people.

Angie said...

That is too cute! Love the sign!

Have a great weekend & good luck!!

Jennifer said...

Kaylee looks just like Shayna in that picture. I had to do a double take!

Have a great weekend!

Christy said...

How sweet! Hope your weekend is a winner!

Holly said...

I love that they made a sign for him! I'm sure he enjoyed that so much!!

R said...

My husband and I work together and it's strange when we don't spend 24/7 with each other.

Jodi Lansink said...

I spend a lot of time with my husband too---we even go grocery shopping together! HA! I am OK with that-----makes our family closer, and the girls love that "daddy" is always with us!! Love the sign---that's so cute!

Claire said...

We're a sign-making, card making family too - love that it was up for him to see at 3 a.m.!