Happy New Year!!
We decided to do something that we have never done before to ring in the New Year. We went to The Rose Parade. It's only 1 hour from here so we thought that we'd give it a try. We thought that you had to camp out on the street for days in advance. But as it turns out...we left our house at 8am and didn't have a problem finding parking or a spot to watch the parade. It turned out to be a great experience. It's so cool to actually see a parade that I've been watching on TV all of my life. Here's a few photos from our day:
For my Ohio friends...
If you've ever wondered what happens when a float breaks down...the parade stops too!
They actually have to get a huge semi-tow truck to pull the float the rest of the way.
8 comments:
What Fun, Trisha, thanks for sharing this!
Happy New Year! Aw, your kids are so cute holding up the sign! Hey, I watched the Rose Parade on tv that day! I wonder if I would've saw you in the background at all. :) Yay, Ohio! Although, we root (or my husband rather) for Michigan. (Gasp!) I bet it was really neat to see the parade in person. Those floats are so awesome!
Love, love the pictures...and so glad that you shared them....Happy New Year.
Hey there Trisha! Guess what? You won! You're the winner of December's Getting to know YOU giveaway! I couldn't find your email so I'm leaving a comment, but please get in touch with me (my email is on the sidebar of my blog), so I can forward your information to Alexis.
Congrats!
Lynnette
I love those pictures--thanks for sharing! I am so glad you went to the parade. It looked like a lovely day and you all looked like you really enjoyed it. You have such a beautiful family and you look so good, Trisha. I am hoping for some really exciting things for you in 2010. Thinking of you often. Will be in touch....
xoxo
Christy
What a beautiful family you have!!! I was heartbroken to read the story of your little one who is with Jesus.
Good for you, sounds/looks like it was perfect.
I haven't been but I have gone the next day to see the floats. They are so beautiful.
Hey now..... You're pretty cute there, Trish!! Woot!
Post a Comment