Tuesday, October 27, 2009

finding JOY - Day 2

I recently sent an email to a woman in my community whose husband unexpectedly died last month.  I barely know her but our sons are in the same class and on the same soccer team.  I've been trying to reach out to her not knowing how much support she has.  In my email I told her that I hope that today is a good day.  She replied and said "Today IS going to be a good day".  That really struck me that someone could declare that the day was going to be "good" before it actually happened.  I find myself on the other end or that...acting more like a victim.  Just waiting to see how my day affects me instead of taking control of my day and making it good.  I want that type of confidence and strength.  I want to be the type of person that wakes up in the morning and declares that today is going to be a great day!!!!   

That's what I am going to do today.  Sure there are obstacles.  Many, many obstacles but I am beginning my day today by declaring that it will be good.  Today I am walking tight with the Lord.  I am going to trust Him and let Him manage my grief.  I'm taking the day off and I'm going to have a great day!


This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118.24

8 comments:

Christy said...

Here's to having a great day--sounds like you are staying strong. You have also helped me think of yearning joy instead of happiness all the time. Just thought I'd let you know....you ARE affecting others. Thanks Trish.

Christmas with Kasey said...

Love your new attitude! I know you are making your sons friend mom have a good day by reaching out!

Holly said...

I love the idea of making it a good day. I really do think we can choose how our day turns out. Sure, there can be stumbling blocks but how we react to these blocks can make our day better or worse.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loving your "joy" and its giving me JOY

Angie said...

I hope your day went well. Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement and advice - you have helped me have a good day, and I hope that can bring you some joy :)

Love your attitude & your experiement - thinking of you and praying always!

Hope you have a GREAT day tomorrow

Angie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds good. Tomorrow will be a good day too!

Rebecca said...

I could use a dose of the confidence too! Even before my grief, I would wake up & if something went wrong that morning, then the whole day was doomed.

Sara x said...

I think that maybe you reaching out to her made it a good day for her. I do tell myself that today is ging to be good, if not for me the kids deserve a good one. (Many hours spent in the toliet crying and a quick face wash and a good day here we go)