Monday, October 5, 2009

on a roll

Still trying so hard to focus on the good.  This weekend my husband and I went out with some really close friends to celebrate our birthdays (we're 9 days apart).   We decided to skip the "nice" dinner and go to a sports bar so that my husband could watch the USC game (aren't I sweet).  The food was actually pretty good and we had a really good time with our friends.  It was even topped off by a huge win for USC -- go Trojans!  It's so good for us to be with people that "get" us and allow us to be real -- both good and bad!

Then we went to The Improv!!!  We saw a great comedy show with Kevin Nealon.  He's doing a show on Showtime called Weeds which I've never heard of but I used to watch him on Saturday night live back in the 90's.  He was so funny!  Even the comics that opened for him were hilarious.  We laughed so hard.  It is such a relief to laugh and feel normal again.  There were a few hospital & baby jokes thrown in throughout the night but I just let those fly by without a second thought.  I was determined to enjoy myself. 

It felt so incredibly good to be HAPPY.  I have to work hard at it so often.  It's nice when it just happens and I don't have to put in the work.

12 comments:

Christy said...

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself--I'm happy for you! Sounds like a riot. You deserve to be happy. You are a wonderful mom and you have a beautiful family. The birthday party photos are so creative and precious! You have been a busy woman. You go girl!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you had a great time. We watch weeds but it's pretty nasty in different ways but we like it. I am sure you laughed allot. He is very funny and he recently had a special on and it was so funny. Pretty clean show too!

Angie said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your time with your hubby and friends - it makes me happy to read of you being happy!

Christmas with Kasey said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself-you deserve it!

Rebecca said...

Glad you had some easy laughter and casual happiness! I know about having to work for that kind of feeling. Sounds like a great time was had and your heart left a little lighter :>)

Veronica said...

Glad you had a good time out with your hubby and friends! It's so good to hear that you felt happy! Hope there's lots more days like that to come!

Holly said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time out with your friends. It feels so good to laugh and have a good time when you don't get to do that often.

Danielle said...

YAY for good times! Glad you have friends to hang out with who "get you". You wanna share? The only people who get me anymore are my bloggy friends it seems :)

Jennifer said...

Sounds wonderful and I'm so glad you got to go out and celebrate. I'm bummed we weren't able to be down there to celebrate with you, but more importantly, I'm glad you had such a good time!

Sara x said...

Sounds a wonderful time, im glad you allowed yourself to be happy. You deserve happiness, we all do xx

Mary said...

I'm glad that you had a great time. Those are the moments we need especially with those who know the real us.

Angie said...

Hope your doing well - thinking of you!

Enjoy the weekend..it is supposed to SNOW in MN - in the beginning of Oct?!! I am craving some Cali sun right about now!!