Thursday, October 1, 2009

Good Stuff


My posts are sounding pretty depressing so I thought that I would share some of the good stuff.  My life is FILLED with good stuff.  Despite my heartache, I am lucky.  Often times, I just focus on the bad.  I'm making a concerted effort not to do that. 

My girls had such wonderful parties.  I really try and put together wonderful events so that they'll have fond memories.  It worked.  All 3 of them had a great time and I have pictures to prove it!

Shayna took 13 friends to see FAME and then dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.  Here's part of her thank you card that I'm sending out:










For the twins, we had a backyard party with a jump house and Princess Belle.  We've been watching Cake Boss on TLC so the kids REALLY wanted to make the twins birthday cakes.  It took 8 hours total (with lots of errands and trips to and from school in between).  I doubt that I'll do it again but I think that their "princess tiara" cakes turned out pretty darn cute.  Especially since it's the first decorated cakes that I've ever made.  Here's part of their thank you card that I'm sending out:








I'm almost done with thank you cards.  My husband's birthday is tomorrow so we'll be making our 5th trip to Disneyland in 2 weeks and then I'm done with birthdays.  I get a lot of joy from them but they also wipe me out!  I love looking back at the pictures.  That's my reward.  It's a good one!

12 comments:

Veronica said...

Wow! You sure do go all out! The parties looked awesome! I LOVE the thank you notes. Do you make them yourself?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those cards are awesome, you are very talented.
Looks like the parties were wonderful. I am going to Disneyland on Saturday for my birthday!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great parties......and I love your blog.....

Sara x said...

I have just found your blog from a post you had written on pooh's corner blog. You mentioned building up new friendships since your son had died. I just wanted to tell you that i understand that, i lost my precious daughter Livvy in November last year and many of my friends have disappeared. Its been so hard letting go of the hurt. I pray for brighter days for both of us. Im looking forward to reading more of your blog. xxx

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

Will you be my mom? Ok, so I am 41 and I think you are about the same age...........but you are so FUN!

Ok I know that's silly.............so I will just take a minute to say I'm glad we're friends..........even if it's in blog land. hehe

Jodi Lansink said...

Wow!!! You are an awesome mom-----I too think you accomplished creating GREAT MEMORIES for your kids! Love the parties! A great example that you will do anything for your kids, no matter how "crummy" you may be feeling....you should be very proud of yourself!

PS--The cakes turned out awesome!! I made the same tiara cake for my daughter's birthday last year too---I think it is so fun to decorate my own!!

Christmas with Kasey said...

You are so creative! I love those thank you cards! Looks like the parties were a huge success, have fun at Disneyland!

Jennifer said...

Looks like everybody had a wonderful time! I love the picture with Noah popping out from behind all the girls at Shayna's party. Too cute!

Holly said...

You do great parties! The pictures are awesome and your thank you cards fabulous!! You're giving your children great memories. What a great mom you are!! Can I hire you as a party planner? :)

Mary said...

I totally agree with everyone. You are creative part. I love the party ideas. I hope one day to be able to be as creative as you.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for stopping over and wishing me a happy birthday. I too feel very lucky to get so many comments.

We had a lovely day at Disneyland, best B-day I've ever had.