Monday, October 26, 2009

finding JOY -- my 7 day experiment

For the next 7 days I am committing to focusing my thoughts on being JOYOUS.  I am going to attempt to let anything that prevents me from feeling joy go bye bye.  I know that this may be easier said that done (especially Halloween week) but I am seriously going to attempt to do it.  I'm actually really excited about it and can't wait to see the affect it has on my life.


Finding joy - Day 1


Today I am filled with joy.  My son, Noah had severe asthma last week and it was terrifying.  He was having trouble breathing and his heart was racing.  My mind went right back to that horrible place when Nate died.  I didn't like being there and I'm so glad that God answered my prayers.  He said yes to me and healed my son.  Now he is running around and back to normal (still on the steroids though).

There is also blue sky everywhere today.  The clouds are white and swirly and the sun is shining bright.  My favorite kind of day.

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad Noah is better. I have severe asthma and I know how it feels. I am happy to hear that you are looking the joy in each day.

Grami's girls said...

Answered prayer! It will have a very positive effect on your family also!

Christmas with Kasey said...

Glad that Noah is better, I'm sorry you had a scare!

Holly said...

I'm glad Noah's asthma is better!! I can't wait to read about your joy. :)