I made this comment on someone else's blog a couple weeks ago and just felt the need to post it on mine:
When someone gets run over by a semi-truck it takes a long time for them to recover. First they struggle to just take a simple breath on their own. They have to work hard to learn to eat again. After a lot of therapy they can stand. With the support of others, they take a few steps-- one at a time. Friends and family applaud their progress. They don't stand in judgement and tell them it's taking too long or that they are doing it wrong. Then, finally, after their body is healed they can run again. That takes time. It does not happen overnight.
I wish that people would understand that an emotional tragedy is just as devastating as a physical tragedy. For some reason, people expect someone that's buried their child to recover faster than someone that has been run over by a truck. I don't get that. I would think that in all cases, physical wounds would heal faster than emotional ones -- but that's how our society thinks.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
7 comments:
I know that is how they think and they need to be informed that they are wrong! I have said this before, I think that baby loss is so huge that it needs to be on the news. They need to talk about it, they need to teach people how to approach a mother who has lost a child. It seems to hidden and that frustrates me. I had no idea until I started blogging. Maddie had died shortly after I started my blog. My friend HeadlessMom bowls with me and she mentioned Maddie to me. I got home and went on my blog and from there I had a snowball effect following baby loss. I am so sorry for your pain and we need to get the world informed.
This is so true. It's easier for people to understand pain when it is on the 'outside' rather than on the 'inside'.
I have to keep reminding myself that even though my physical c-section wound has healed, my emotional wound still needs care.
You have a wonderful gift of sharing your heart...
(((Clapping))) You have a wonderful way of putting the loss of a child into perspective for others.
I would have gladly taken the semi over losing Wyatt. It couldn't possibly hurt as bad as my heart does now.
I remember reading this comment and it's so true!! I just love how you are able to word things so that everyone is able to see how it truly is. I'm with Danielle, I'll take the semi.
Take all the time you need....I am by your side friend! I wish I could take a way some of your pain and heartache but I know I can't. However, I can be a friend, an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on. Love ya!
Well said, Tricia! Thank you for this post...
Post a Comment