
I received an award last week. That's not something that typically happens in my life. Like most stay at home moms, we are rarely recognized for cleaning the house, driving carpools, making dinner and washing clothes. So, it was a really nice feeling.
Veronica was kind enough to give it to me. My Nate was born the same week as her Audrey 17 months ago. We just connected via blogging but it's weird to see how our lives took such different turns after our babies were born. Luckily, hers is happy and healthy and she has not had to walk the path that I have. She does make darling little hats which I hope to order someday if God blesses us with another baby. Feel free to check out her blog if you are interested (hopefully I did the link right).
The Veronica Blog
I am supposed to write about 10 honest things that you don't know about me and send this award to 7 other people. I'm so sorry to drop the ball but I just don't have it in me right now to do that. This week has been tough. Lots of expectations and stresses with the upcoming funeral. Looking forward to having this one behind me.
6 comments:
I'm going to take it upon myself to help you out with this one, since that's what friends do. Hope that's ok. If not, just delete it. :)
1. Trisha is an awesome photographer. But you probably already figured that one out! She started taking pictures of her friends kids and then turned it in to a business. I still have on my nightstand a picture of my two oldest that she took years ago and it's one of my favorites.
2. She throws great parties. Themes, decorations, favors, food, the whole nine yards and they're fabulous.
3. She always finds awesome stuff that she gets rockin' deals on.
4. She was a cheerleader in high school and college. I think she was even a competitive gymnast at one time.
5. She totally digs the Brady Bunch. (Her very Brady 30th Birthday party was completely groovy!)
6. She makes these super cute custom labels that go around candy bars. She made some for me to pass out after my youngest was born that had all her birth info on them, and even delivered them to me at the hospital so that we could hand them out when people came to visit.
7. She's very compassionate and thoughtful. I head surgery earlier this year and she bought me new jammies so I'd be comfy (and look cute) while I was stuck in bed recovering.
8. She's the most amazing planner I know and can coordinate all kinds of things it makes my head spin.
9. She does a great job of channeling Martha Stewart and making all kinds of yummy things to eat.
10. Trisha has a great laugh and I look forward to hearing it again very soon.
Love you, friend!
I always smile when I see the picture of your beautiful family. You are a gift to the blogging community.
Totally understand Trisha! That's nice your friend Jennifer left some nice things about you! I enjoyed reading them!!
Ugh we are having a tough week right? Whats the deal with that?? I completely understand not having the strength in you to complete the 10 things (although I am looking forward to reading them :). I am praying for you tonight and for your week ahead.
I am sure I will be emailing you soon...when I get up the strength :)
Just want you to know that I am praying for you and yours - love the list that your friend did for you!
Thanks for the shout out Trisha. I am grateful to have met you in this big blogging world. The list that Jennifer made about you is awesome. It was so nice to get to read all the different things about you. :)
Post a Comment