
This past weekend, my 10 year old (#5) played in another soccer tournament. We went out and bought blue and lime ribbons for everyone on the team to honor Katie. She is currently playing for a rival club and those are her team colors. The girls also wrote #3 on their hands (Katie's number). It was very sweet to see a group of 10 year old girls honoring a fellow competitor and friend. It was especially sweet because 10 year old girls don't wear ribbons...especially their rivals colors.Katie is doing well. She received 4 rounds of chemo last week and returned home this weekend. The test results are coming back negative showing that the cancer hasn't spread -- praise God! She still has a long fight ahead of her but she is very tough. Her soccer club, school and neighbors are all stepping up and coordinating fundraisers for her family, providing meals and tons of emotional support. It's so nice to see that.
I'm so happy for them. I know how much of a difference it makes to feel like you are loved and cared for. Please keep Katie in your prayers. I'll let you know if there is any news -- good or bad.
3 comments:
Hi, Trisha. Just noticed your comment on Jess MacClenahan's blog. I prayed just now for you and your family as you miss Nate. Praying God blesses your womb with another little one!!
That's so great the girls wore the ribbons to support Katie! So glad to hear the cancer hasn't spread!!
That is so cool that they did that! I bet it made Katie's day!
Post a Comment