Her fever is down and the antibiotics are working. She has ZERO white blood cells so it's hard for her body to fight off anything. She should be discharged tomorrow if all goes well.
Please continue to pray. We spent an hour with them last night (before the fever) and they have a long road ahead. Her cancer is at Stage 3 but it is non-amplified. She has a 75% chance of recovery but Nate had a 90% chance...so anything can happen.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
7 comments:
I am so glad to hear that her fever is down. With her immune system compromised like that they have to be very careful she doesn't 'catch' anything. Poor girl. I will continue to pray for her and her family. Thank you for keeping us updated on Katie.
We're praying, Trisha. :)
Glad to hear she is doing better.
ryc: She has a blog elsewhere that is pretty private. I know she formerly had one here, but I don't know that she updates it anymore. I'll ask her, though.
Glad to hear Katie is doing better. I'll continue to pray that she recovers fully.
I hope that she can be discharged and that she can fight this cancer and beat it!!
About the comment on my blog (again):
She does have a blogger. Come back to my blog and click on the banner for Ciaran and it will take you there. If you leave her a note, just let her know how you came her way. I'm sure she will appreciate all the support she can get. :)
Trisha,
Just said a little prayer for Katie. What a blessing that you guys were able to spend time with her and her family. I'm sure they must have appreciated that!
Post a Comment