Thursday, August 6, 2009

Please pray for Katie

If you are reading this, I NEED you to pray for my daughter's friend. She is a beautiful 9 year old girl that my daughter played with on a competitive soccer team last year. She underwent surgery at CHLA (the same hospital we were at with Nate) yesterday. We just received this email from her dad this morning:

The tumor in Katie's abdomen was diseased and Katie was diagnosed as having Neuroblastoma. Neuroblastoma is a malignant (cancerous) tumor that most commonly begins in the abdomen in the tissues of the adrenalgland - where Katie's was. It can spread to the lymph nodes, liver,bones, and bone marrow. In addition to the tumor a few of Katie's lymphnodes were removed because they were clearly diseased as was her rightadrenal gland. All other areas appear normal. While she was still in the OR, bone marrow samples were also taken from her hip area and the test results will tell us a lot about how much it has spread and how tough the battle ahead will be. It is a very treatable (and curable)form of cancer and significant treatment advancements have been made recently.

If you have prayed for Katie, please leave a comment with your name and state. I would love to send her family an email and tell them how many prayers from across the country are being sent on their behalf.

29 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am praying for Katie. I have asked God to heal her completely. (Lord hear my prayers)
I pray for her parents strength during this difficult time.
Debby - Riverside, CA

Shealy said...

I am praying for Katie and her family, as well as the doctors. I pray for wisdom for the doctors and peace and strength for Katie and her family.
Shealy - Auburn, AL

Shelly said...

Praying for sweet Katie.
Shelly - Michigan

Anonymous said...

Praying for sweet Katie her family in the doctors give them strength and healing in their battle.

Katie - Cedar Rapids Iowa

Anonymous said...

We are also praying for Katie and we are in Washington state.

Roxanne

christina said...

Praying for Katie, for her family, and for the doctors and nurses and all involved in her diagnosis and future treatments. Praying for God's hand to heal her if it be His perfect will and for strength for the road ahead, whatever the journey.

Houston, Tx.
milbrandt's.

Emmy said...

Sending up prayers in Troy, Ohio!

~emily wasouf

Jennifer said...

Just prayed for Katie and her family.

jennifer in Northern CA

Don, Aimee, Kaitlyn and Kysen said...

Prayer warriors are in full force for Katie! She will be in my daily thoughts and prayers!
Aimee--Wellington, Colorado

Anonymous said...

Praying for Katie!!!

Laren--Summerdale,Alabama

Veronica said...

Just prayed and will continue to pray for sweet Katie!

Veronica,
Central Coast, CA

Krista said...

Sending prayers to Katie and her family from Minnesota

Courtney Cloud said...

Praying for Katie and her family.

- Courtney C. Auburn, AL

Holly said...

Lord, I ask that you be with Katie and her family during these difficult moments they are facing. Please touch Katie's body and keep this tumor from spreading throughout her body. Your grace is so good and we trust in Your plan for this little girl. Wrap Your loving arms around them and hold them close when they feel alone. In Jesus' name, Amen.
SW Ohio

Kristin said...

Praying for dear Katie and her family. May God give the doctors wisdom and her body healing.

Kristin
South Dakota

Rachel said...

Praying for Katie.

Rachel in Texas

Michelle said...

I will be praying for Katie and her family.
As a radiation therapist at a cancer center I see people every day fighting the battle against cancer. It still pains me to the core when I hear their stories of struggle with this devastating disease.

I have to say that children who are battling cancer seem to have the most amazing optimism and strength. They are an inspiration.

How is your daughter doing after hearing the news about Katie? My thoughts go out to her as well.

Michelle,
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Cheryl said...

I'm praying for her from Edwardsville, IL.

Cheryl

Kristi REDISKE said...

I am praying for Katie-praying for wisdom for the doctors, strength for her and her family-I will continue to pray for her-keep us posted on her progress. Kristi-Siloam Springs Arkansas

Angie said...

I am definitely praying for Katie and her family. Thanks for sharing, as we all know the power of prayer. Angie - Twin Cities, MN

Anonymous said...

Lord, we look to you for strength and healing for this precious child. We know that you are watching over her and may she be healed in your Holy Name.Lord, we give all the glory to you.May your Name be praised!
Sarita in Grapevine, Texas

Susan said...

Praying for Katie and her family...for healing, peace, freedom from fear, and to be aware of God's presence every step of their journey.

Susan,
Hillsboro, Oregon

Rebecca said...

As the mom of an 8 year old daughter, Katie's story hits especially close to home. May His grace be sufficient for your family. Praying for Katie in Capron, IL.

{{hugs}}
Rebecca

Ohilda said...

Praying in Florida.

Claire said...

"Your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard." Isaiah 58:8
I pray for healing for Katie and strenth and peace for all as they go through this stressfull time.
Claire in Myrtle Beach, SC

R said...

Praying for Katie and her parents.
Rebekah in Bainbridge, GA

Aunt Janna said...

Still praying for Katie and her family in Iowa.

Bea said...

I'm praying for Katie and her family. I know how tough it is to watch your child suffer.

Bea in CA

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

I am new to Trisha's blog but praying for Katie and her family.

(in Washington state)